Monday, August 4, 2008

Sunday August 3, 2008 Mandola's

Mandola's Italian Market
Austin, Texas.
Well, Yesterday after surfing around on the net I landed over on the Pioneer Woman's site and after reading her post about awesome eggplant Parmigiana. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/07/eating-in-austin/ Eggplant Parmigiano is tricky. A lot of times, restaurants coat a thin piece of eggplant with a HUGE amount of breading, then slap a piece of mozzarella cheese on top, followed by a bunch of marinara. And the eggplant winds up getting lost in the shuffle. But this? Oh, man…it was delicious. In an individual baking dish, they layered about eight large slices of eggplant, each with just a sprinkling of crisp crumbs, with a few pieces of fresh mozzarella…and topped the whole thing with marinara. The eggplant was the star of the dish, which is the way God intended it to be. This sounded too good to be true I love Eggplant Parmigiana too and being that I am part Italian , ( My Mom was born and raised in Napoli, Italia. I was born there and so was my brother. I have family there.) I had to go threw the comments left by her readers to figure out which restaurant she had visited in Austin.... Heck my Baby brother lives there. Its only like 55 minutes away. After my research I told the hubby about it and passed him my Laptop. Said hey you can take me here for my Birthday.....well long story...short... we took a road trip up to Austin and boy.....
IT WAS SO GOOD!
I will be back there for sure soon. Cheese Pizza for Lil red: Jelly Bean too had Cheese Pizza My Eggplant Parmigiana Yummmmmmmm, the side of pasta was not that good. The Teenager had Spaghetti Carbonara Yes, he had on a Texas A & M shirt in Longhorn country. More on that later.... The Hubby had some Gelato I shared mine with the boys it was a lot after my lunch. Lil Red liked the flag from daddy's sandwich He really wanted some Nutella daddy said NO!

No comments: