Saturday, December 27, 2008
December 26th is a really hard birthday to have! Forrest's birthday gets lost in the hustle and bustle of Christmas. We did find time just for him at Uncle Davids's to sing Happy Birthday to him along with the cha-cha-cha part! Hope your day was Awsome Dude! Love you!
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Yep, only in San Antonio on Christmas Eve Day does it get up to 74 degrees! But to tell the truth ...................... I LOVE IT!
Current conditions as of 12:53 pm CST Fair Feels Like: 70° Barometer: 30.1 in and falling Humidity: 34% Visibility: 10 mi Dewpoint: 42° Wind: NNE 15 mph Sunrise: 7:26 am Sunset: 5:42 pm 72° High: 74° Low: 47°
Friday, December 19, 2008
Here is the e-mail I got!
I am so excited!
The reindeer is so cute check out
Kates blog the link is below and also check out
a little birdie told me blog real cute stuff
And the winner of the 2nd weekChristmas giveaway is...Drum roll please... hehehe
from Hill Country Bexars
Congratulation on winning Margaret!!All I need from you is you address so I can mail you your prize of the Reindeer Candy!!
Thanks for entering!
Thanks & Sincerely,KateVisit my Blog!
I got this from a e-mail from my mother in law and really liked it so copied and pasted here to my blog.
I took out the part about passing it on to so many and something great will happen etc.......
In memory of Erma Bombeck, who lost her fight with cancer. Here is an 'angel' sent to watch over you.
IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER
-by Erma Bombeck (written after she found out she was dying from cancer).
I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.
I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.
I would have talked less and listened more.
I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.
I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.
I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.
I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.
I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.
I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.
I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime..
Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.
When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, 'Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.
' There would have been more 'I love yous' More 'I'm sorry.
But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute, look at it and really see it , live it and never give it back.
STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF!!!
Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what. Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
One day, the father of a very wealthy family took his son on a trip to the country with the express purpose of showing him how poor people live. They spent a couple of days and nights on the farm of what would be considered a very poor family. On their return from their trip, the father asked his son, 'How was the trip?' 'It was great, Dad .' 'Did you see how poor people live?' the father asked. 'Oh yeah,' said the son. 'So, tell me, what did you learn from the trip?' asked the father.
The son answered:
'I saw that we have one dog and they had four.
We have a pool that reaches to the middle of our garden and they have a creek that has no end.
We have imported lanterns in our garden and they have the stars at night.
Our patio reaches to the front yard and they have the whole horizon.
We have a small piece of land to live on and they have fields that go beyond our sight.
We have servants who serve us, but they serve others.
We buy our food, but they grow theirs.
We have walls around our property to protect us, they have friends to protect them.'
The boy's father was speechless.
Then his son added,
'Thanks Dad for showing me how poor we are.'
Isn't per spective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don't have.
Monday, December 15, 2008
HOLIDAY EATING TIPS
1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Go next door, where they're serving chocolate balls.
2. Drink as much eggnog as you can - And quickly. It's rare. You cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it! Have one for me.Have two! It's later than you think. It's Christmas!
3. If something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy.Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.
4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.
5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?
6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's.You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.
7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind,you're never going to see them again.
8. Same for pies. Apple, Pumpkin, Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three.When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?
9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards!
10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention.Re-read tips:Start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner.Remember this motto to live by:"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming
"WOO- HOO!! What a ride!"
Practice Random Acts of Kindness, it's the season for giving and loving.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Click the link above and check the cute little Rudloph thats up this week for the give away.
Coppied from their site:
Here is how you can win:1. leave a comment under this heading
2. leave a post on your blog advertising this giveaway: leave a comment and with the link
3. put a link to us from your blog: leave a comment with the link so we can add your name to the drawing If you do all three we will enter you in 3 times for a better chance of winning! We will be drawing the winner this Tuesday.This is what you could win...
There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind.
She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her.
She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see the world, I will marry you.'
One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her.
When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.
He asked her,'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?'
The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.
Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.'
This is how the human brain often works when our status changes.
Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations. Life Is a Gift Today before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who can't speak. Before you complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone who has nothing to eat. Before you complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone >who's crying out to GOD for a companion. Today before you complain about life - Think of someone who went too early to heaven. Before whining about the distance you drive Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet. And when you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job. And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down
Put a smile on your face and think: you're alive and still around.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
A little bird told me blogs spot is doing weekly Christmas giveaways from now till Christmas. I read about it on the twopeasinabucket website below is what I copied and pasted from What a little bird told me check it out they have some real cute stuff. Christmas giveaways From now until Christmas AlBTM will be doing weekly giveaways! There are three ways to enter: 1. leave a comment under this heading2. leave a post on your blog advertising this giveaway: leave a comment and with the link3. put a link to us from your blog: leave a comment with the link so we can add your name to the drawingif you do all three we will enter you in 3 times for a better chance of winning!Here is this weeks prize! winners will be annonced on tuesdays Posted by Ashley Rv